Dear Parents and Guardians,
Karibu to Rusinga…where we pray, play and work together.
At Rusinga, your child will find a warm home to hone his or her skills, a lively sanctuary to discover their purpose and diverse opportunities to connect and build relationships
At Rusinga we create the conditions to Discover Purpose. We believe that our foundational document, The Bible, provides the tools to align people to their purpose.
We cultivate qualities to navigate this compelling journey of self-discovery. At Rusinga, this journey of discovery is an Adventure in Faith. Faith is linked to education in a profound way because at Rusinga, we understand that the human spirit is the most powerful component and the spring-well of our being. As a result, we cultivate specific values to expand and develop all aspects of the student in the pursuit of the highest ideals.
I look forward to meeting you and welcoming you to the Rusinga Family.
Head Teachers' Profile: Patricia Echessa-Kariuki
- MA – English Literature; Breadloaf School of English, Middlebury College, Vermont. USA (2004-2008)
- MA – English Language; Kenyatta University (1988-1990)
- B.Ed - English and Literature; Kenyatta University (1985-1988)
Teaching and Administrative Experience.
Rusinga Schools(Oct 2006 to date)
- Head of School (October 2009- to date)
- Head of Languages (2006-2009)
- Staff Professional Development Coordinator (2006-2009)
- Teacher of English and Literature (BNC, IGCSE and ‘A’ Level)
The International Baccalaureate Organization (2005 to date)
- Examiner and Team Leader for English A1
The Aga Khan Academy (Sept 1996- Aug 2006)
- Head of Languages Faculty (1997- 2003)
- Coordinator, Key Stage 3 for Years 7-9 (2003-2006)
- Admissions and Pastoral Head for Years 7-9 (2003-2006)
- Staff Professional Development Coordinator (2003-2006)
- Teacher of English and Literature (BNC, IGCSE, GCE ‘A’ Level and IB Diploma)
Loreto Convent Msongari (Jan 1991-Aug 1996)
- Head of Languages ( 1992-1996)
- Teacher of English and Literature (8-4-4)
- Sharda High School (May-Dec 1984)
- February 2011-February 2012: Certificate Course in Executive Leadership from the Institute for National Transformation.
- November 2010: Professional training Conference on Chinese Language Teaching and Teaching Materials in Beijing, China, to facilitate the start of Chinese teaching at Rusinga.
- November 2008: New York University Great World Texts Collaboration presentations and High school visits in New York, USA.
- November 2007: Made a presentation at the National Convention of Teachers of English Workshop in New york on Students' electronic exchanges and made a school visit in Rhode Island, USA.
- April 2008: Organized an International English Teachers’ Workshop for teachers drawn from USA, India and Kenya here at Rusinga School.
- 2003: Spearheaded launch of BNC skill-based curriculum for Key Stage 3 (Years 7-9) for Aga Khan Academy teachers.
- Aug 2003: Attended an international workshop on Teaching with ICT in Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- Aug 2002: Facilitated an International Breadloaf Writing Workshop for teachers from Pakistan, India, USA, Kenya and Tanzania in Dar-es-salam.
- 2000: Accreditation Certificate for IGCSE School- Based assessment in IGCSE coursework from Cambridge International Examinations (CIE).
- January 2000: Participated in the International Baccalaureate workshop in pedagogical approaches and techniques in the teaching and assessment of English.
- April 1999: Attended an enhancement of ‘O’ and ‘A’ Levels English and Literature Seminar (Edexel Examination Board, London).
- July-Aug 1998: Attended a Creative Writing Workshop in Phillips Academy, USA on the Breadloaf Writing Course and thereafter facilitated several writing workshops for students and teachers annually.